Suzuki's 1000th dive went off without a hitch on the first dive of the day, but ...
Diving in the Atlantic Ocean:
- Directions from Tampa: I usually head down HW60 to Yeehaw Junction, then take the Turnpike south. I get off of the Turnpike at Lake Worth Road.
- Conditions on the day of my visit: Sunny
- Personal Notes: My second dive of the day ended up being 3 dives.
While the dive computer registered them as just one dive, this is how it went:
- I jump into the water, not realizing that the trip to the back of the boat to jump in went a lot more easily than usual. About 30 feet down I realize I don't have any fins on. It takes me a bit to get back up to the surface safely ...
- After getting my fins, Nancy the dive master said "There's your flag." Only, it wasn't. There were two divers I didn't recognize. I failed to locate Suzuki so I hung out with these guys for around 45 minutes. They were kicking and not stopping for anything, so there was no opportunity to stop and enjoy what I saw. So I surfaced ...
- When I got back to the boat, I still had about 20 minutes of dive time left, and plenty of air. Captain Leo asked me if I wanted to be dropped on the right flag, and I said, "Yeah what the heck!" It was a good choice - we saw an octopus right after I joined her.
Dive data for dives on this day: